Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BACK TO REALITY!!


We are back from our vacation and are so excited to be home! We were gone a week and a half and it feels like forever to be away from our kids! We missed them so much! Our trip was so fun and relaxing. I don't think there is a better way to travel then a cruise!! We arrived on Sunday and got on the ship. Monday was a sea day. Tuesday we visited Barbados and did a zip-line excursion. Wednesday was St. Lucia and we went on a pirate ship from the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" and visited Pigeon Island. Thursday was Antigua, St. John where we went on a Kayak, Snorkel excursion which was our favorite! Friday, we visited St. Martin where we participated in a yacht race with the offical American Cup yacht that won back in 1987. We won the race which was fun!! Saturday, we visited St. Thomas and Gary went Scuba Diving and I got to sleep in (my favorite thing to do!) then we went shopping and ate at the Green House. Sunday we got off the ship and headed to our hotel for the night in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico was fun other then Gary was pretty sick. His ear drum burst and he was in a lot of pain. His ear was the result of Scuba Diving where he either did't equalize well or came up to fast. Gary was a trooper with all the pain he was under he still went with me for a walk down the beach and out to dinner. We arrived home at Midnight last night and still haven't been able to see our kids since my sister kept them overnight and took them to school for us this morning. We are so excited to see them once they get out of school!

We want to thank Mom Willardson (Marjorie) for watching our kids!! She had them for almost our entire trip. We love you and appreciate all you did with the kids!!! Also thanks to Trina and Tricia who both helped with the kids and each had them overnight!! I know the kids loved being with you and your kids!! We love you all so much!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I loooove vacationing, how can you not? But coming home to the kids is awesome too! You have one more lil' vacation coming up this wknd at the cabin...you are coming right?

Huffstuff said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome time. I am a little jealous. We will definately be doing a cruise soon.

Zoo Keeper said...

Okay, can I tell you I am so jealous! My husband is taking me away for a long weekend! However, it's just to San Diego! I guess any time away from my kids is a fabulous vacation! The zip line looked like so much fun!

The Ackerman Family said...

What a fun trip! I loved the picture of you doing the zip line and your caption: Trista looking like a dork, and then the picture of Gary with the caption: Gary looking like a Pro! That was hilarious!!! I am glad you guys had fun! It is so nice to get away and have some couple time!

cori said...

Trista,
your vacation sounds like paradise! Wow how fun! I am glad you guys had a wonderful time!
cori

Karen said...

Looks like a blast... I love going anywhere tropical and just laying on the beach all day!!!

Mindy K said...

Looks heavenly. You make a good yacht wench. I'm not surprised the air hockey champion won the yacht race too. Did you have fun on the zipline?--you didn't look dorky. I love the zipline. Looks like such a fun getaway!!