Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"GREAT BRAIN"




Weston presented his "Great Brain" report to his 1st Grade class today. Gary helped him pick his topic which was about Green Iguanas. Gary called around and found a pet store that would let him borrow an Iguana. When he went to pick it up the pet store guy started to give him a small very mild Iguana so Gary asked if they had a larger one. The pet store owner said "you don't want the other one he's crazy". Gary of coarse got all excited and said "I want that one". When the guy started to get the other Iguana out of his cage it was jumping and doing flips all over the cage. Once the guy grabed him he opened his mouth wide open trying to bite him.
Luckily the presentation went well with just a few scratches on Gary and no kids bitten.
Weston was so excited especially to have his Dad there to help him do his report. But he was having a hard time letting the Iguana go. He was hoping we could keep him.

4 comments:

Crissy said...

How fun is that! I think it's wonderful that you guys are making some great memories for your kiddos! KUDOS to you for being awesome parents. I don't know how you do it. As for the iguana..I think both your boys had entirely way to much fun with that! LOL I'm such a ditz on this whole blog thing..I'm going to run back to mine and see how I can add my "friends" links...hugz to you and your family...talk soon!!

Mindy K said...

That is so great!I am going to remember that report for a long time, and it wasn't even my kid's. I'll bet Weston was super bummed he couldn't keep it, and I'll bet you weren't!!

Karen said...

That awesome the pet store let you take the iguana out for a field trip! What a great idea!

Kelly said...

What a dad, Weston is pretty lucky!